Senior Living in 01757 (Milford, MA)
- 01757 scores the same as the Milford, MA average of 68.
- 01757 scores significantly lower than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 01757 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Milford Regional Medical Center).
- There are 25 senior living facilities in the area, including Milford Center, Cornerstone at Milford Assisted Living/Memory Support, and Blaire House of Milford.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 11 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 55 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (25% of the total population).
- There are 84 golf courses nearby, including Milford Country Club, Hopedale Country Club, and Pinecrest Golf Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (West Hill Dam and Upton State Forest).
- There are 22 churches nearby, including Trinity Episcopal Church, Milford Bible Baptist Church, and Sacred Heart of Jesus Rectory.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.73% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.10% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $84,006, which is in the top 16% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $64,955, which is in the top 20% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $32,268, which is in the top 18% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $57,091 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $131,765 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,680 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $56,056 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.53%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 01757 has a dense population density of 1,885.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 88.96%.