Senior Living in 01775 (Stow, MA)
- 01775 scores the same as the Stow, MA average of 87.
- 01775 scores significantly higher than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 01775 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Marlborough Hospital, Emerson Hospital, and Emerson Hospital.
- There are 47 senior living facilities in the area, including Meeting House at Stow Condominium Associate, New Horizons at Madonna Hall, and Hearthstone Alzheimer Care.
- There are 12 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 21 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 121 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (27% of the total population).
- There are 109 golf courses nearby, including Stow North Course at Stow Acres Country Club, Stowaway Golf Course, and Butternut Farm Golf Club.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Assabet River National Wildlife Refuge, Great Meadows National Wildlife Refuge, and Callahan State Park.
- There are 49 churches nearby, including St Isidore Catholic Church, Union Church of Stow, and First United Methodist Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.38% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.04% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $133,682, which is in the top 3% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $112,130, which is in the top 2% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $48,448, which is in the top 4% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,720 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $148,738 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $60,632 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.38%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 01775 has a sparse population density of 380.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 98.65%.