Senior Living in 01778 (Wayland, MA)
- 01778 scores the same as the Wayland, MA average of 90.
- 01778 scores significantly higher than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 01778 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 8 hospitals nearby, including Newton-wellesley Hospital, Newton-wellesley Hospital, and Charles River Hospital.
- There are 106 senior living facilities in the area, including Traditions of Wayland, Carriage House at Lee\'s Farm, and Wingate at Sudbury .
- There are 27 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 32 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 248 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (32% of the total population).
- There are 122 golf courses nearby, including New Sandy Burr Country Club, Wayland Country Club, and Martin Memorial Municipal Golf Course.
- There are 8 parks nearby, including Great Meadows National Wildlife Refuge, New England Wild Flower Society, and Mass Audubon\'s Drumlin Farm Wildlife Sanctuary.
- There are 86 churches nearby, including Church of the Holy Spirit, St Zepherin\'s Rectory, and St Ann\'s Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.38% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.04% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $185,036, which is in the top 1% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $125,038, which is in the top 2% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $70,350, which is in the top 1% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,720 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $148,738 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $60,632 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.06%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 01778 has an average population density of 862.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 97.73%.