Senior Living in 01830 (Haverhill, MA)
- 01830 has a SeniorScore® of 68, which is the 3rd highest of any zip code in Haverhill, MA.
- 01830 scores lower than the Haverhill, MA average of 73.
- 01830 scores significantly lower than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 01830 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Merrimack Valley Hospital and Whittier Rehabilitation Hosp).
- There are 33 senior living facilities in the area, including Lakeview House Skilled Nursing and Residential Care Facility, Haverhill Crossings, and Benchmark Senior Living at Haverhill Crossing.
- There are 18 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 13 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 44 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (26% of the total population).
- There are 61 golf courses nearby, including Haverhill Country Club, Bradford Country Club, and Crystal Springs Golf Club.
- There are no parks nearby.
- There are 26 churches nearby, including Assembly Penecostal Church of Jesus Christ El Shaddai, First Baptist Church, and Alliance Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.27% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.00% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $71,524, which is in the top 27% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $56,094, which is in the top 31% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $29,775, which is in the top 23% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,720 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $148,738 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $60,632 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.50%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 01830 has a dense population density of 1,821.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 83.53%.