Senior Living in 01835 (Haverhill, MA)
- 01835 has a SeniorScore® of 78, which is the highest of any zip code in Haverhill, MA.
- 01835 scores higher than the Haverhill, MA average of 73.
- 01835 scores higher than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 01835 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 4 hospitals nearby, including Merrimack Valley Hospital, Whittier Rehabilitation Hosp, and Lawrence General Hospital.
- There are 34 senior living facilities in the area, including Phoenix, Mission Towers, and Penacook Place.
- There are 19 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 24 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 134 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (23% of the total population).
- There are 74 golf courses nearby, including Bradford Country Club, Far Corner Golf Course -Eighteen Hole, and Crystal Springs Golf Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Lawrence Heritage State Park)..
- There are 42 churches nearby, including First Church of Christ, Sacred Hearts Catholic Church, and Calvary Baptist Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.27% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.00% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $86,983, which is in the top 15% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $73,711, which is in the top 13% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $34,732, which is in the top 14% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,720 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $148,738 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $60,632 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.83%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 01835 has a dense population density of 1,751.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 94.49%.