Senior Living in 01840 (Lawrence, MA)
- 01840 has a SeniorScore® of 64, which is the 2nd highest of any zip code in Lawrence, MA.
- 01840 scores higher than the Lawrence, MA average of 63.
- 01840 scores significantly lower than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 01840 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Lawrence General Hospital).
- There are 17 senior living facilities in the area, including MI Nursing/Restorative Center, Wood Mill Center, and The Berkeley Retirement Home & Nursing Center.
- There are 16 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 8 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 39 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (24% of the total population).
- There are 42 golf courses nearby, including Merrimack Golf Course, Hickory Hills Golf Course, and Andover Country Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Lawrence Heritage State Park)..
- There are 15 churches nearby, including United Methodist Church, Holy Rosary Rectory, and Christian Ebenezer Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.27% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.00% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $28,355, which is in the top 99% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $17,828, which is in the top 99% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $14,494, which is in the top 93% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,720 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $148,738 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $60,632 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.92%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 01840 has a very dense population density of 9,504.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 54.63%.