Senior Living in 01841 (Lawrence, MA)
- 01841 has a SeniorScore® of 57, which is the 3rd highest of any zip code in Lawrence, MA.
- 01841 scores lower than the Lawrence, MA average of 63.
- 01841 scores significantly lower than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 01841 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Lawrence General Hospital and Holy Family Hospital, A Caritas Family Hospital).
- There are 16 senior living facilities in the area, including MI Nursing/Restorative Center, The Berkeley Retirement Home & Nursing Center, and Halcyon House.
- There are 16 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 11 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 69 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (16% of the total population).
- There are 40 golf courses nearby, including Merrimack Golf Course, Hickory Hills Golf Course, and Andover Country Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Lawrence Heritage State Park)..
- There are 22 churches nearby, including Ascumcion De La Virgen Maria, Spanish Assembly of God Church, and Redeemer Lutheran Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.27% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.00% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $43,109, which is in the top 86% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $30,415, which is in the top 90% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $15,197, which is in the top 91% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,720 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $148,738 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $60,632 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.36%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 01841 has a very dense population density of 15,288.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 60.79%.