Senior Living in 01843 (Lawrence, MA)
- 01843 has a SeniorScore® of 66, which is the highest of any zip code in Lawrence, MA.
- 01843 scores higher than the Lawrence, MA average of 63.
- 01843 scores significantly lower than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 01843 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Lawrence General Hospital, Isham Health Center, and Holy Family Hospital, A Caritas Family Hospital.
- There are 25 senior living facilities in the area, including Sunbridge Colonial Heights, Wood Mill Center, and Sunbridge Rosewood.
- There are 17 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 15 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 122 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (19% of the total population).
- There are 71 golf courses nearby, including Rolling Green Golf Course, Indian Ridge Country Club, and Andover Country Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Lawrence Heritage State Park)..
- There are 44 churches nearby, including Sacred Heart, St Patrick\'s Rectory, and Grace Episcopal Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.27% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.00% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $54,169, which is in the top 60% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $43,163, which is in the top 61% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $21,256, which is in the top 63% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,720 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $148,738 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $60,632 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.48%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 01843 has a dense population density of 7,249.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 73.79%.