Senior Living in 01844 (Methuen, MA)
- 01844 scores the same as the Methuen, MA average of 75.
- 01844 scores lower than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 01844 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Holy Family Hospital, A Caritas Family Hospital, Lawrence General Hospital, and Northeast Rehab Hospital.
- There are 38 senior living facilities in the area, including Methuen Health and Rehabilitation Center, Methuen Village, and Grace Morgan House Assisted Living.
- There are 19 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 21 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 107 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (26% of the total population).
- There are 71 golf courses nearby, including Hickory Hills Golf Course, Merrimack Golf Course, and Campbell\'s Scottish Highlands Golf Course.
- There is 1 park nearby (Lawrence Heritage State Park)..
- There are 40 churches nearby, including Marsh Corner Community Church, St Lucy\'s Catholic Church, and St Andrew\'s Episcopal Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.27% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.00% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $77,992, which is in the top 20% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $65,860, which is in the top 19% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $29,838, which is in the top 23% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,720 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $148,738 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $60,632 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.41%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 01844 has a dense population density of 2,126.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 88.58%.