Senior Living in 01850 (Lowell, MA)
- 01850 has a SeniorScore® of 62, which is the 3rd highest of any zip code in Lowell, MA.
- 01850 scores lower than the Lowell, MA average of 63.
- 01850 scores significantly lower than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 01850 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Saints Medical Center Inc).
- There are 19 senior living facilities in the area, including Lowell Health Care Center, Heritage Nursing Care Center, and Horn Home For the Aged.
- There are 6 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 5 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 44 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (18% of the total population).
- There are 41 golf courses nearby, including Longmeadow Golf Club, Mt. Pleasant Golf Club, and Trull Brook Golf Course.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Edward A. LeLacheur Park and Fort Hill Park).
- There are 15 churches nearby, including Spanish Church of Nazaren, St Michael\'s Church, and Iglesia Evangelica Luz Y Vida.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.38% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.04% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $60,838, which is in the top 44% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $51,379, which is in the top 41% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $21,748, which is in the top 60% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,720 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $148,738 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $60,632 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.62%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 01850 has a very dense population density of 11,203.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 79.54%.