Senior Living in 01851 (Lowell, MA)
- 01851 has a SeniorScore® of 60, which is the 4th highest of any zip code in Lowell, MA.
- 01851 scores lower than the Lowell, MA average of 63.
- 01851 scores significantly lower than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 01851 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Lowell General Hospital).
- There are 18 senior living facilities in the area, including Willow Manor, Town and Country Health Care Center, and Horn Home For the Aged.
- There are 7 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 2 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 24 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (18% of the total population).
- There are 39 golf courses nearby, including Mt. Pleasant Golf Club, Longmeadow Golf Club, and Chelmsford Country Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Tyler Park and Lowell Heritage State Park).
- There are 10 churches nearby, including St Margaret Catholic Church, Community Christian Academy, and Bay State Baptist Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.38% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.04% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $63,042, which is in the top 40% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $53,489, which is in the top 36% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $22,782, which is in the top 53% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,720 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $148,738 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $60,632 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.50%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 01851 has a very dense population density of 9,044.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 74.65%.