Senior Living in 01852 (Lowell, MA)
- 01852 has a SeniorScore® of 67, which is the highest of any zip code in Lowell, MA.
- 01852 scores higher than the Lowell, MA average of 63.
- 01852 scores significantly lower than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 01852 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Saints Medical Center Inc, Lowell General Hospital, and Tewksbury Hospital.
- There are 24 senior living facilities in the area, including Wingate at Belvidere (Lowell), Horn Home For the Aged, and Lowell Health Care Center.
- There are 8 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 10 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 93 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (22% of the total population).
- There are 67 golf courses nearby, including Longmeadow Golf Club, Mt. Pleasant Golf Club, and Tewksbury Country Club.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Fort Hill Park, Edward A. LeLacheur Park, and Tyler Park.
- There are 28 churches nearby, including First United Baptist Church, Holy Trinity Polish Church, and St Anthony\'s Portuguese Rctry.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.38% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.04% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $63,591, which is in the top 38% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $51,452, which is in the top 40% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $26,688, which is in the top 33% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,720 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $148,738 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $60,632 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.69%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 01852 has a dense population density of 6,765.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 82.31%.