Senior Living in 01860 (Merrimac, MA)
- 01860 scores the same as the Merrimac, MA average of 81.
- 01860 scores higher than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 01860 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Merrimack Valley Hospital, Whittier Rehabilitation Hosp, and Anna Jaques Hospital.
- There are 33 senior living facilities in the area, including Elizabeth Calsey House, Elizabeth Calsey House, and Haverhill Crossings.
- There are 7 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 22 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 99 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (27% of the total population).
- There are 67 golf courses nearby, including Haverhill Country Club, Amesbury Golf & Country Club, and 18-hole Course at Apple Hill Golf Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Maudslay State Park, Black Bear Camp Grounds, and Brown Square.
- There are 42 churches nearby, including Pilgrim Congregational Church, Nativity Catholic Church, and Merrimacport United Methodist.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.27% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.00% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $93,429, which is in the top 11% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $76,936, which is in the top 11% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $36,643, which is in the top 12% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,720 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $148,738 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $60,632 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.24%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 01860 has an average population density of 749.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 90.20%.