Senior Living in 01862 (North Billerica, MA)
- 01862 scores the same as the North Billerica, MA average of 78.
- 01862 scores higher than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 01862 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 4 hospitals nearby, including Saints Medical Center Inc, Tewksbury Hospital, and Lowell General Hospital.
- There are 37 senior living facilities in the area, including Life Care Center of Merrimack Valley, Sunny Acres Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, and Benchmark Senior Living at Billerica Crossings.
- There are 9 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 14 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 151 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (24% of the total population).
- There are 90 golf courses nearby, including Country Club of Billerica, Chelmsford Country Club, and Longmeadow Golf Club.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Great Brook Farm State Park, Fort Hill Park, and Tyler Park.
- There are 49 churches nearby, including Anjuman E Ezzi, Bacon Edward R Reverend, and St Anne\'s Episcopal Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.38% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.04% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $89,666, which is in the top 13% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $86,630, which is in the top 7% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $31,753, which is in the top 19% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,720 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $148,738 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $60,632 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.27%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 01862 has an average population density of 1,106.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 90.57%.