Senior Living in 01901 (Lynn, MA)
- 01901 has a SeniorScore® of 74, which is the 2nd highest of any zip code in Lynn, MA.
- 01901 scores higher than the Lynn, MA average of 68.
- 01901 scores lower than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 01901 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Union Hospital, North Shore Medical Center, and Shaughnessy-kaplan Rehab Hosp.
- There are 53 senior living facilities in the area, including Baker Manor Rest Home, Lynn Home For Elderly Persons, and Phillips Manor Nursing Home.
- There are 16 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 8 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 106 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (38% of the total population).
- There are 63 golf courses nearby, including Larry Gannon Municipal Golf Course, Kelley Greens Golf Course, and Cedar Glen Golf Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Lynn Woods)..
- There are 32 churches nearby, including St Stephens Episcopal Church, Congregation Ahabat Sholom, and Holy Family Catholic Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.27% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.00% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $35,315, which is in the top 95% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $21,886, which is in the top 98% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $19,576, which is in the top 73% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,720 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $148,738 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $60,632 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 22.29%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 01901 has a dense population density of 6,810.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 79.12%.