Senior Living in 01904 (Lynn, MA)
- 01904 has a SeniorScore® of 76, which is the highest of any zip code in Lynn, MA.
- 01904 scores significantly higher than the Lynn, MA average of 68.
- 01904 scores lower than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 01904 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 4 hospitals nearby, including Union Hospital, Kindred Hospital North Shore, and North Shore Medical Center.
- There are 60 senior living facilities in the area, including Phillips Manor Nursing Home, Harriett and Ralph Kaplan Estates, and Baker Manor Rest Home.
- There are 19 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 10 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 141 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (28% of the total population).
- There are 61 golf courses nearby, including Larry Gannon Municipal Golf Course, Cedar Glen Golf Club, and Salem Country Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Lynn Woods and Breakheart Reservation).
- There are 43 churches nearby, including East Baptist Church, St Pius V Catholic Church, and First Lutheran Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.27% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.00% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $81,184, which is in the top 18% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $74,448, which is in the top 13% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $30,137, which is in the top 22% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,720 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $148,738 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $60,632 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.13%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 01904 has a dense population density of 4,026.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 87.66%.