Senior Living in 01905 (Lynn, MA)
- 01905 has a SeniorScore® of 65, which is the 3rd highest of any zip code in Lynn, MA.
- 01905 scores lower than the Lynn, MA average of 68.
- 01905 scores significantly lower than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 01905 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Union Hospital).
- There are 56 senior living facilities in the area, including Phillips Manor Nursing Home, Chestnut Woods Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, and Baker Manor Rest Home.
- There are 21 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 10 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 99 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (19% of the total population).
- There are 63 golf courses nearby, including Larry Gannon Municipal Golf Course, Cedar Glen Golf Club, and Kelley Greens Golf Course.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Lynn Woods and Breakheart Reservation).
- There are 32 churches nearby, including Iglesia Evangelica Luz Y Vida, Austin Square Baptist Church, and Sacred Heart Rectory.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.27% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.00% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $53,249, which is in the top 62% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $43,686, which is in the top 60% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $20,105, which is in the top 70% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,720 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $148,738 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $60,632 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.20%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 01905 has a dense population density of 7,093.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 77.47%.