Senior Living in 01906 (Saugus, MA)
- 01906 scores the same as the Saugus, MA average of 84.
- 01906 scores higher than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 01906 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 5 hospitals nearby, including Hallmark Health System, Union Hospital, and Hallmark Health System.
- There are 101 senior living facilities in the area, including Chestnut Woods Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, Saugus Center, and West Revere Health Center.
- There are 38 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 28 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 344 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (32% of the total population).
- There are 84 golf courses nearby, including Cedar Glen Golf Club, Mount Hood Golf Course, and Bellevue Golf Club.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Breakheart Reservation, Lynn Woods, and Pine Banks Park.
- There are 122 churches nearby, including Cliftondale Congregational Chr, Saugaus Community United Meth, and Blessed Sacrament Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.27% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.00% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $88,698, which is in the top 14% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $75,258, which is in the top 12% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $34,076, which is in the top 15% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,720 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $148,738 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $60,632 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.72%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 01906 has a dense population density of 2,467.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 92.04%.