Senior Living in 01929 (Essex, MA)
- 01929 scores the same as the Essex, MA average of 86.
- 01929 scores significantly higher than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 01929 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Beverly Hospital Corporation).
- There are 41 senior living facilities in the area, including The Residence at Riverbend, St Julie Billart Res Care Center, and Seacoast Nursing and Rehabilitation Center.
- There are 10 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 29 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 132 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (30% of the total population).
- There are 68 golf courses nearby, including Cape Ann Golf Course, Bass Rocks Golf Club, and Essex County Club.
- There are 9 parks nearby, including Sandy Point State Reservation, Ravenswood Park, and Stage Fort Park.
- There are 61 churches nearby, including Congregational Church, St John the Baptist Church, and St Ann Catholic Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.27% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.00% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $100,043, which is in the top 9% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $79,492, which is in the top 10% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $40,213, which is in the top 9% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,720 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $148,738 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $60,632 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.86%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 01929 has a sparse population density of 250.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 93.53%.