Senior Living in 01930 (Gloucester, MA)
- 01930 scores the same as the Gloucester, MA average of 66.
- 01930 scores significantly lower than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 01930 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 5 senior living facilities in the area, including Seacoast Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, Golden LivingCenter-Gloucester, and Den-Mar Health and Rehabilitation Center.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 12 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 27 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (35% of the total population).
- There are 33 golf courses nearby, including Bass Rocks Golf Club, Rockport Golf Club, and Cape Ann Golf Course.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Stage Fort Park, Ravenswood Park, and Halibut Point State Park.
- There are 18 churches nearby, including First Baptist Church, St Peter Catholic Church, and St Ann Catholic Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.27% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.00% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $80,699, which is in the top 18% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $59,061, which is in the top 27% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $35,080, which is in the top 14% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,720 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $148,738 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $60,632 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.94%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 01930 has an average population density of 1,099.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 89.46%.