Senior Living in 01938 (Ipswich, MA)
- 01938 scores the same as the Ipswich, MA average of 78.
- 01938 scores higher than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 01938 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Baldpate Hospital).
- There are 34 senior living facilities in the area, including St Julie Billart Res Care Center, The Residence at Riverbend, and Elder Services.
- There are 8 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 17 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 31 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (34% of the total population).
- There are 64 golf courses nearby, including Ipswich Country Club, Candlewood Golf Club, and Turner Hill Golf and Racquet Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Sandy Point State Reservation, Mass Audubon\'s Ipswich River Wildlife Sanctuary, and Georgetown-Rowley State Forest.
- There are 22 churches nearby, including Our Lady of Hope-Rel Ed Ofc, Ascension Memorial Church, and First & South Cong Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.27% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.00% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $100,455, which is in the top 9% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $84,609, which is in the top 8% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $42,494, which is in the top 7% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,720 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $148,738 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $60,632 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.84%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 01938 has a sparse population density of 432.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 95.33%.