Senior Living in 01950 (Newburyport, MA)
- 01950 scores the same as the Newburyport, MA average of 76.
- 01950 scores lower than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 01950 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Anna Jaques Hospital).
- There are 14 senior living facilities in the area, including Brigham Health and Rehabilitation Center, Avita of Newburyport, and Country Center For Health and Rehabilitation.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 11 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 56 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (33% of the total population).
- There are 49 golf courses nearby, including Evergreen Valley Golf Course, Old Newbury Golf Club, and Amesbury Golf & Country Club.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Brown Square, Maudslay State Park, and Salisbury Beach State Reservation.
- There are 21 churches nearby, including Immaculate Conception Church, People\'s United Methodist Chr, and St Paul\'s Episcopal Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.27% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.00% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $105,565, which is in the top 8% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $80,861, which is in the top 9% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $46,327, which is in the top 5% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,720 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $148,738 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $60,632 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.72%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 01950 has a dense population density of 2,086.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 96.93%.