Senior Living in 01966 (Rockport, MA)
- 01966 scores the same as the Rockport, MA average of 72.
- 01966 scores lower than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 01966 scores the same as the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 4 senior living facilities in the area, including Den-Mar Health and Rehabilitation Center, Golden LivingCenter-Gloucester, and Seacoast Nursing and Rehabilitation Center.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 10 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 23 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (43% of the total population).
- There are 32 golf courses nearby, including Rockport Golf Club, Bass Rocks Golf Club, and Cape Ann Golf Course.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Halibut Point State Park, Thacher Island National Wildlife Refuge, and Stage Fort Park.
- There are 13 churches nearby, including Ucc First Congregational Chr, Baptist Church 1St of Rockport, and Baptist Church 1St of Rockport.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.27% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.00% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $98,858, which is in the top 9% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $71,447, which is in the top 14% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $43,201, which is in the top 7% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,720 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $148,738 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $60,632 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.59%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 01966 has an average population density of 994.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 95.51%.