Senior Living in 01970 (Salem, MA)
- 01970 scores the same as the Salem, MA average of 70.
- 01970 scores lower than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 01970 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 4 hospitals nearby, including North Shore Medical Center, Shaughnessy-kaplan Rehab Hosp, and Union Hospital.
- There are 43 senior living facilities in the area, including Spaulding Outpatient Center Salem, John Bertram House, and Grosvenor Park Health Center.
- There are 16 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 11 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 121 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (25% of the total population).
- There are 54 golf courses nearby, including Kernwood Country Club, Salem Municipal Golf Course, and Tedesco Country Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Salem Maritime National Historic Site, Salem Common, and Fort Sewall.
- There are 43 churches nearby, including St John the Baptist Church, St Joseph\'s Hall, and St James Rectory.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.27% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.00% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $70,501, which is in the top 28% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $56,203, which is in the top 31% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $30,993, which is in the top 21% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,720 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $148,738 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $60,632 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.20%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 01970 has a dense population density of 5,069.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 87.87%.