Senior Living in 01985 (West Newbury, MA)
- 01985 scores the same as the West Newbury, MA average of 86.
- 01985 scores significantly higher than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 01985 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 4 hospitals nearby, including Anna Jaques Hospital, Merrimack Valley Hospital, and Whittier Rehabilitation Hosp.
- There are 27 senior living facilities in the area, including Atria Merrimack Place, Nichols Village, and Country Center For Health and Rehabilitation.
- There are 5 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 25 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 95 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (29% of the total population).
- There are 71 golf courses nearby, including Evergreen Valley Golf Course, Amesbury Golf & Country Club, and Haverhill Country Club.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Maudslay State Park, Brown Square, and Black Bear Camp Grounds.
- There are 41 churches nearby, including West Newbury Congregational, St Ann\'s Catholic Church, and All Saints Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.27% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.00% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $147,295, which is in the top 2% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $104,931, which is in the top 3% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $52,882, which is in the top 3% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,720 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $148,738 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $60,632 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.45%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 01985 has a sparse population density of 314.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 96.51%.