Senior Living in 02056 (Norfolk, MA)
- 02056 scores the same as the Norfolk, MA average of 78.
- 02056 scores higher than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 02056 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Medfield State Hospital).
- There are 42 senior living facilities in the area, including About Serenity Hill Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, The Community at Pond Meadow, and Franklin Health and Rehabilitation Center.
- There are 9 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 19 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 89 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (23% of the total population).
- There are 119 golf courses nearby, including Fore Kicks Golf & Indoor Sports Complex, Glen Ellen Country Club, and Franklin Country Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (F. Gilbert Hills State Forest and Mass Audubon\'s Moose Hill Wildlife Sanctuary).
- There are 40 churches nearby, including Emmanuel Baptist Church, Federated Church of Norfolk, and Federated Church of Norfolk.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.18% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.02% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $149,812, which is in the top 2% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $118,809, which is in the top 2% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $43,057, which is in the top 7% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,720 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $148,738 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $60,632 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.85%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 02056 has an average population density of 738.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 91.97%.