Senior Living in 02061 (Norwell, MA)
- 02061 scores the same as the Norwell, MA average of 84.
- 02061 scores higher than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 02061 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (South Shore Hospital and Pembroke Hospital).
- There are 49 senior living facilities in the area, including Village at Proprietors Green, Royal Norwell Nursing Rehabilitation Center, and Carewell Adult Day Wellness Center.
- There are 5 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 18 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 151 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (30% of the total population).
- There are 75 golf courses nearby, including Hatherly Country Club, Scituate Country Club, and Widow\'s Walk Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Wompatuck State Park, Whitney and Thayer Woods, and World\'s End.
- There are 56 churches nearby, including St Helens Catholic Church, United Church of Christ, and United Church of Christ.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.30% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.02% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $142,496, which is in the top 3% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $109,167, which is in the top 3% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $48,440, which is in the top 4% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,720 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $148,738 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $60,632 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.66%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 02061 has an average population density of 501.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 97.44%.