Senior Living in 02081 (Walpole, MA)
- 02081 scores the same as the Walpole, MA average of 81.
- 02081 scores higher than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 02081 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Medfield State Hospital, Norwood Hospital, A Caritas Family Hospital, and Westwood Lodge Hospital.
- There are 36 senior living facilities in the area, including Gay Ave Walpole, New Pond Village, and Kindred Transitional Care And Rehab-Harrington.
- There are 10 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 13 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 77 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (29% of the total population).
- There are 90 golf courses nearby, including Walpole Country Club, Royal Crest Country Club, and Norwood Country Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Mass Audubon\'s Moose Hill Wildlife Sanctuary)..
- There are 41 churches nearby, including Blessed Sacrament Rectory, Epiphany Episcopal Church, and United Church in Walpole.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.18% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.02% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $123,824, which is in the top 4% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $91,653, which is in the top 6% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $46,489, which is in the top 5% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,720 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $148,738 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $60,632 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.71%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 02081 has an average population density of 1,030.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 96.55%.