Senior Living in 02090 (Westwood, MA)
- 02090 scores the same as the Westwood, MA average of 87.
- 02090 scores significantly higher than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 02090 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 5 hospitals nearby, including Westwood Lodge Hospital, Norwood Hospital, A Caritas Family Hospital, and Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital - Needham.
- There are 83 senior living facilities in the area, including Clark House at Fox Hill Village, White Oak Cottages, and The Ellis.
- There are 22 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 16 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 163 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (31% of the total population).
- There are 95 golf courses nearby, including Norfolk Golf Club, Norwood Country Club, and Lost Brook Golf Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Cutler Park, Brook Farm, and Elm Bank.
- There are 62 churches nearby, including St Margaret Mary Church, St John\'s Episcopal Church, and Temple Beth David.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.18% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.02% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $165,292, which is in the top 2% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $120,078, which is in the top 2% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $59,422, which is in the top 2% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,720 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $148,738 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $60,632 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.70%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 02090 has an average population density of 1,343.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 98.02%.