Senior Living in 02111 (Boston, MA)
- 02111 has a SeniorScore® of 78, which is the 9th highest of any zip code in Boston, MA.
- 02111 scores higher than the Boston, MA average of 74.
- 02111 scores higher than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 02111 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 10 hospitals nearby, including New England Medical Center, Tufts Medical Center, and Boston Medical Center Corporation.
- There are 62 senior living facilities in the area, including Marian Manor, Sylvan Crossing at Creekside Estates, and New England Center & Home For Homeless Veterans .
- There are 28 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 15 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 185 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (24% of the total population).
- There are 55 golf courses nearby, including William J. Devine Franklin Park Golf Course, Fresh Pond Golf Course, and Winthrop Golf Club.
- There are 10 parks nearby, including Peters Park, Boston Public Garden, and Friends of the Public Garden.
- There are 155 churches nearby, including Boston Chinese Evangelical Chr, St Thomas Aquinas Parish Rctry, and Dorchester Temple Bapt Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.51% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.78% of total property value, which is low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $106,767, which is in the top 7% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $31,984, which is in the top 88% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $51,342, which is in the top 4% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,720 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $148,738 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $60,632 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.93%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 02111 has a very dense population density of 27,344.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 76.58%.