Senior Living in 02121 (Boston, MA)
- 02121 has a SeniorScore® of 64, which is the 17th highest of any zip code in Boston, MA.
- 02121 scores significantly lower than the Boston, MA average of 74.
- 02121 scores significantly lower than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 02121 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 10 hospitals nearby, including Jewish Memorial Hospital, Franciscan Child Hosp & Rehab, and Arbour Hospital.
- There are 64 senior living facilities in the area, including Ann\'s Rest Home, Laurel Ridge Rehabilitation and Skilled Care Center, and Rockland St Elderly Housing.
- There are 21 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 9 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 135 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (18% of the total population).
- There are 56 golf courses nearby, including William J. Devine Franklin Park Golf Course, Presidents Golf Course, and Putterham Meadows Golf Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Franklin Park Zoo and Arnold Arboretum of Harvard University).
- There are 117 churches nearby, including Berea Seventh Day Adventist, Pleasant Hill Baptist Church, and St Marks Episcopal Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.51% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.78% of total property value, which is low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $45,847, which is in the top 81% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $30,008, which is in the top 91% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $18,187, which is in the top 80% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,720 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $148,738 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $60,632 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 22.43%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 02121 has a very dense population density of 14,887.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 76.22%.