Senior Living in 02126 (Mattapan, MA)
- 02126 scores the same as the Mattapan, MA average of 63.
- 02126 scores significantly lower than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 02126 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Carney Hospital, A Caritas Family Hospital, Carney Hospital, and Hebrew Rehab Center For Aged.
- There are 50 senior living facilities in the area, including Roscommon Extended Care Center , Margaret M. Shea RN Adult Day Health Program , and The Foley Senior Residences.
- There are 14 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 6 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 55 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (25% of the total population).
- There are 59 golf courses nearby, including William J. Devine Franklin Park Golf Course, George Wright Golf Course, and Wollaston Golf Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Franklin Park Zoo)..
- There are 37 churches nearby, including Blue Hill Missionary Baptist, Morning Star Baptist Church, and Blue Hill Church of Christ.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.51% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.78% of total property value, which is low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $58,283, which is in the top 49% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $45,605, which is in the top 54% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $21,721, which is in the top 60% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,720 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $148,738 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $60,632 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 17.46%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 02126 has a very dense population density of 12,277.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 79.74%.