Senior Living in 02127 (Boston, MA)
- 02127 has a SeniorScore® of 71, which is the 13th highest of any zip code in Boston, MA.
- 02127 scores lower than the Boston, MA average of 74.
- 02127 scores lower than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 02127 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Tufts Medical Center, New England Medical Center, and Boston Medical Center Corporation.
- There are 46 senior living facilities in the area, including Senior Living Residences, Compass On The Bay, and Kindred Nursing And Rehabilitation-Harborlights.
- There are 22 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 9 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 91 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (19% of the total population).
- There are 55 golf courses nearby, including Presidents Golf Course, William J. Devine Franklin Park Golf Course, and Winthrop Golf Club.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Castle Island Park, Peters Park, and City Hall Plaza.
- There are 95 churches nearby, including Gate of Heaven Catholic Church, Sacred Heart Catholic Church, and St Marys Our Lady-Czenstochowa.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.51% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.78% of total property value, which is low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $83,688, which is in the top 16% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $66,480, which is in the top 18% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $40,542, which is in the top 8% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,720 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $148,738 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $60,632 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.52%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 02127 has a very dense population density of 15,718.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 88.77%.