Senior Living in 02128 (Boston, MA)
- 02128 has a SeniorScore® of 58, which is the 21th highest of any zip code in Boston, MA.
- 02128 scores significantly lower than the Boston, MA average of 74.
- 02128 scores significantly lower than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 02128 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 30 senior living facilities in the area, including Don Orione Nursing Home, Eastpointe Rehabilitation & Skilled Care Center, and Kindred Nursing And Rehabilitation-Harborlights.
- There are 13 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 5 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 34 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (16% of the total population).
- There are 54 golf courses nearby, including Winthrop Golf Club, Presidents Golf Course, and William J. Devine Franklin Park Golf Course.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Piers Park and Castle Island Park).
- There are 24 churches nearby, including Central Assembly of God, St John the Baptist Church, and Salesians of St John Bosco.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.51% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.78% of total property value, which is low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $58,291, which is in the top 49% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $45,614, which is in the top 54% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $22,403, which is in the top 56% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,720 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $148,738 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $60,632 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.45%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 02128 has a very dense population density of 8,350.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 65.69%.