Senior Living in 02129 (Charlestown, MA)
- 02129 scores the same as the Charlestown, MA average of 79.
- 02129 scores higher than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 02129 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 7 hospitals nearby, including Shriners Hosp For Children, Massachusetts General Hospital, and Massachusetts Eye And Ear Infirmary.
- There are 59 senior living facilities in the area, including Zelma Lacey House , Spaulding Nursing and Therapy Center North End, and Florence and Chafetz Home for Specialized Care.
- There are 29 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 15 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 171 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (20% of the total population).
- There are 56 golf courses nearby, including Fresh Pond Golf Course, Winthrop Golf Club, and Mount Hood Golf Course.
- There are 7 parks nearby, including Boston National Historical Park, American Twine Office Park, and The New England Holocaust Memorial.
- There are 81 churches nearby, including St Mary\'s Parish Charlestown, St John\'s Episcopal Church, and St Mary\'s Parish Charlestown.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.51% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.78% of total property value, which is low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $121,125, which is in the top 5% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $87,633, which is in the top 7% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $58,566, which is in the top 2% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,720 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $148,738 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $60,632 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.51%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 02129 has a very dense population density of 12,159.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 89.88%.