Senior Living in 02130 (Jamaica Plain, MA)
- 02130 scores the same as the Jamaica Plain, MA average of 69.
- 02130 scores significantly lower than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 02130 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 9 hospitals nearby, including Va Boston Healthcare System - Jamaica Plain, Veterans Affairs Boston System, and Faulkner Hospital.
- There are 66 senior living facilities in the area, including Arborway Residence, Laurel Ridge Rehabilitation and Skilled Care Center, and Rogerson House.
- There are 22 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 7 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 111 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (22% of the total population).
- There are 54 golf courses nearby, including Putterham Meadows Golf Club, Main Course at Brookline Country Club, The, and William J. Devine Franklin Park Golf Course.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Arnold Arboretum of Harvard University, Larz Anderson Park, and Franklin Park Zoo.
- There are 82 churches nearby, including Bethel Ame Church, Our Lady of Cedars Catholic Ch, and First Baptist Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.51% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.78% of total property value, which is low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $98,620, which is in the top 10% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $69,955, which is in the top 16% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $43,469, which is in the top 7% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,720 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $148,738 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $60,632 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.57%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 02130 has a very dense population density of 10,618.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 89.79%.