Senior Living in 02131 (Roslindale, MA)
- 02131 scores the same as the Roslindale, MA average of 64.
- 02131 scores significantly lower than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 02131 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 6 hospitals nearby, including Hebrew Rehab Center For Aged, Veterans Affairs Boston System, and Faulkner Hospital.
- There are 60 senior living facilities in the area, including Roslindale House, Post-Acute Rehabilitative Services at Hebrew Rehabilitation Center, and Sophia Snow House.
- There are 18 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 5 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 85 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (23% of the total population).
- There are 57 golf courses nearby, including George Wright Golf Course, William J. Devine Franklin Park Golf Course, and Putterham Meadows Golf Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Arnold Arboretum of Harvard University)..
- There are 34 churches nearby, including St Nectarios Greek Orthodox, Trinity Lutheran Church, and Sacred Heart Rectory.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.51% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.78% of total property value, which is low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $71,835, which is in the top 26% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $59,790, which is in the top 26% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $27,904, which is in the top 29% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,720 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $148,738 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $60,632 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.67%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 02131 has a very dense population density of 11,506.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 86.76%.