Senior Living in 02132 (West Roxbury, MA)
- 02132 scores the same as the West Roxbury, MA average of 82.
- 02132 scores higher than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 02132 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 7 hospitals nearby, including Hebrew Rehab Center For Aged, Bournewood Hospital, and Veterans Affairs Boston System.
- There are 107 senior living facilities in the area, including Vero Health and Rehab, Parkway, German Center For Extended Care, and Stonehedge Rehabilitation and Skilled Care Center.
- There are 33 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 16 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 187 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (32% of the total population).
- There are 72 golf courses nearby, including Main Course at Brookline Country Club, The, Putterham Meadows Golf Club, and Dedham Country & Polo Club.
- There are 6 parks nearby, including Brook Farm, Cutler Park, and Larz Anderson Park.
- There are 61 churches nearby, including Temple Hillel Bnai Torah, St John Chrysostom, and Holy Name Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.51% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.78% of total property value, which is low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $99,519, which is in the top 9% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $78,631, which is in the top 10% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $41,824, which is in the top 7% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,720 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $148,738 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $60,632 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.51%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 02132 has a dense population density of 5,670.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 94.26%.