Senior Living in 02134 (Allston, MA)
- 02134 scores the same as the Allston, MA average of 72.
- 02134 scores lower than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 02134 scores the same as the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 9 hospitals nearby, including Arbour H R I Hospital, Cambridge Health Alliance, and M I T Medical Department.
- There are 71 senior living facilities in the area, including Glenville Apartments, Wingate at Boston, and Greater Boston Chinese Golden Age Center.
- There are 31 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 10 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 178 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (10% of the total population).
- There are 58 golf courses nearby, including Fresh Pond Golf Course, Oakley Country Club, and Newton Commonwealth Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Soldiers Field Athletic Area, Mount Auburn Cemetery, and Kenmore Square.
- There are 54 churches nearby, including Allston Brighton Islamic Center, St Paul\'s Episcopal Church, and Church of Our Saviour.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.51% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.78% of total property value, which is low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $53,114, which is in the top 63% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $37,487, which is in the top 76% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $25,315, which is in the top 39% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,720 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $148,738 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $60,632 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.59%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 02134 has a very dense population density of 16,216.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 85.07%.