Senior Living in 02135 (Brighton, MA)
- 02135 scores the same as the Brighton, MA average of 68.
- 02135 scores significantly lower than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 02135 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including St Elizabeth\'s Medical Center, A Caritas Family Ho, Kindred Hospital-boston, and Arbour H R I Hospital.
- There are 70 senior living facilities in the area, including Greater Boston Chinese Golden Age Center, Wingate at Boston, and Chestnut Park at Cleveland.
- There are 32 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 4 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 168 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (18% of the total population).
- There are 60 golf courses nearby, including Newton Commonwealth Golf Course, Oakley Country Club, and Putterham Meadows Golf Club.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including MDC Park, Brookline Reservoir Park, and Soldiers Field Athletic Area.
- There are 37 churches nearby, including Archdiocese of Boston, St Columbkille\'s Parish, and Our Lady of Presentation Ch.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.51% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.78% of total property value, which is low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $64,656, which is in the top 37% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $51,937, which is in the top 39% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $32,723, which is in the top 17% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,720 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $148,738 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $60,632 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.03%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 02135 has a very dense population density of 16,235.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 90.27%.