Senior Living in 02136 (Hyde Park, MA)
- 02136 scores the same as the Hyde Park, MA average of 72.
- 02136 scores lower than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 02136 scores the same as the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 10 hospitals nearby, including Hebrew Rehab Center For Aged, Milton Hospital Inc, and Milton Hospital.
- There are 93 senior living facilities in the area, including Parkwell, Park Place Rehabilitation and Skilled Care Center, and Vero Health and Rehab of West Roxbury.
- There are 30 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 13 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 155 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (23% of the total population).
- There are 71 golf courses nearby, including George Wright Golf Course, Dedham Country & Polo Club, and Dedham Country & Polo Club.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Brook Farm, Arnold Arboretum of Harvard University, and Blue Hills Reservation.
- There are 75 churches nearby, including Christ Church in Hyde Park, St Joseph\'s Church, and Hyde Park Foursquare Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.51% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.78% of total property value, which is low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $71,192, which is in the top 27% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $56,196, which is in the top 31% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $27,554, which is in the top 30% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,720 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $148,738 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $60,632 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.46%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 02136 has a dense population density of 6,206.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 88.48%.