Senior Living in 02141 (Cambridge, MA)
- 02141 has a SeniorScore® of 80, which is the 2nd highest of any zip code in Cambridge, MA.
- 02141 scores higher than the Cambridge, MA average of 78.
- 02141 scores higher than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 02141 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 9 hospitals nearby, including Spaulding Rehabilitation Hosp, Massachusetts General Hospital, and Massachusetts Eye And Ear Infirmary.
- There are 66 senior living facilities in the area, including Zelma Lacey House , Hale House and Hale Barnard Services, and Cambridge Rehabilitation and Nursing Center.
- There are 29 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 20 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 218 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (19% of the total population).
- There are 60 golf courses nearby, including Fresh Pond Golf Course, Oakley Country Club, and Winchester Country Club.
- There are 8 parks nearby, including American Twine Office Park, Friends of the Public Garden, and Boston Public Garden.
- There are 126 churches nearby, including Dominican Sisters, St Francis of Assisi Church, and St Francis of Assisi Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.38% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.04% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $80,575, which is in the top 18% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $63,516, which is in the top 21% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $39,200, which is in the top 9% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,720 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $148,738 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $60,632 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.37%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 02141 has a very dense population density of 18,551.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 88.92%.