Senior Living in 02143 (Somerville, MA)
- 02143 has a SeniorScore® of 75, which is the highest of any zip code in Somerville, MA.
- 02143 scores higher than the Somerville, MA average of 73.
- 02143 scores lower than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 02143 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 5 hospitals nearby, including Cambridge Health Alliance, M I T Medical Department, and Youville Lifecare.
- There are 68 senior living facilities in the area, including Somerville Home, Jeanne Jugan Residence, and Walnut Street Center Of Wheatland.
- There are 29 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 17 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 119 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (17% of the total population).
- There are 61 golf courses nearby, including Fresh Pond Golf Course, Winchester Country Club, and Oakley Country Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including American Twine Office Park, Davis Square, and Soldiers Field Athletic Area.
- There are 53 churches nearby, including Christian Community Ministry, St Joseph\'s Church, and St Anthony\'s Parish.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.38% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.04% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $78,697, which is in the top 20% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $66,627, which is in the top 18% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $35,935, which is in the top 13% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,720 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $148,738 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $60,632 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.15%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 02143 has a very dense population density of 15,887.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 88.85%.