Senior Living in 02144 (Somerville, MA)
- 02144 has a SeniorScore® of 75, which is the highest of any zip code in Somerville, MA.
- 02144 scores higher than the Somerville, MA average of 73.
- 02144 scores lower than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 02144 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Mount Auburn Hospital, Stillman Infirm, Harvard Univ, and Youville Lifecare.
- There are 72 senior living facilities in the area, including Cooperative Elder Services, Cadbury Commons at Cambridge, and Jeanne Jugan Residence.
- There are 23 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 18 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 115 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (17% of the total population).
- There are 57 golf courses nearby, including Fresh Pond Golf Course, Winchester Country Club, and Belmont Country Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Davis Square)..
- There are 38 churches nearby, including Church-The Nazarene-W, Community Baptist Church, and Unity Church of God.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.38% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.04% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $83,391, which is in the top 16% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $73,162, which is in the top 13% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $37,442, which is in the top 11% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,720 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $148,738 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $60,632 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.14%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 02144 has a very dense population density of 22,080.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 94.17%.