Senior Living in 02145 (Somerville, MA)
- 02145 has a SeniorScore® of 69, which is the 3rd highest of any zip code in Somerville, MA.
- 02145 scores lower than the Somerville, MA average of 73.
- 02145 scores significantly lower than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 02145 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 69 senior living facilities in the area, including Walnut Street Center Of Wheatland, Somerville Home, and Jeanne Jugan Residence.
- There are 29 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 17 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 69 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (18% of the total population).
- There are 54 golf courses nearby, including Fresh Pond Golf Course, Winchester Country Club, and Belmont Country Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Davis Square and American Twine Office Park).
- There are 25 churches nearby, including Saint Ann Catholic Church, Temple Bnai Brith, and St Anthony\'s Parish.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.38% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.04% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $66,590, which is in the top 33% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $53,651, which is in the top 36% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $27,520, which is in the top 30% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,720 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $148,738 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $60,632 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.09%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 02145 has a very dense population density of 18,222.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 84.83%.