Senior Living in 02148 (Malden, MA)
- 02148 scores the same as the Malden, MA average of 65.
- 02148 scores significantly lower than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 02148 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Hallmark Health System and Hallmark Health System).
- There are 44 senior living facilities in the area, including Salem Towers, The Davenport Memorial Home, and Golden LivingCenter-Dexter House.
- There are 20 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 5 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 79 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (22% of the total population).
- There are 53 golf courses nearby, including Mount Hood Golf Course, Bellevue Golf Club, and Cedar Glen Golf Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Pine Banks Park)..
- There are 28 churches nearby, including Emmanuel Baptist Church, First Baptist Church of Malden, and St Peter Catholic Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.38% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.04% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $66,524, which is in the top 33% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $52,825, which is in the top 38% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $26,894, which is in the top 33% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,720 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $148,738 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $60,632 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.58%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 02148 has a very dense population density of 11,794.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 83.73%.