Senior Living in 02149 (Everett, MA)
- 02149 scores the same as the Everett, MA average of 65.
- 02149 scores significantly lower than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 02149 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Soldiers Home In Massachusetts and Hallmark Health System).
- There are 50 senior living facilities in the area, including Parkview On The Cell, Golden LivingCenter-Dexter House, and Florence and Chafetz Home for Specialized Care.
- There are 20 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 6 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 89 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (21% of the total population).
- There are 53 golf courses nearby, including Bellevue Golf Club, Mount Hood Golf Course, and Winthrop Golf Club.
- There are no parks nearby.
- There are 30 churches nearby, including First Parish in Malden, Glendale United Methodist Ch, and Immaculate Conception.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.38% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.04% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $62,855, which is in the top 40% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $48,343, which is in the top 47% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $24,573, which is in the top 43% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,720 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $148,738 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $60,632 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.35%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 02149 has a very dense population density of 12,127.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 80.12%.