Senior Living in 02150 (Chelsea, MA)
- 02150 scores the same as the Chelsea, MA average of 60.
- 02150 scores significantly lower than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 02150 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Soldiers Home In Massachusetts).
- There are 45 senior living facilities in the area, including Chelsea Jewish Nursing Home, Soldiers\' Home in Chelsea, and Senior Living On Bellingham.
- There are 19 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 3 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 80 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (17% of the total population).
- There are 52 golf courses nearby, including Winthrop Golf Club, Bellevue Golf Club, and Mount Hood Golf Course.
- There are no parks nearby.
- There are 38 churches nearby, including St Luke\'s Episcopal Church, Congregation Agudos Sholom, and St Stanislaus.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.51% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.78% of total property value, which is low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $55,540, which is in the top 56% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $43,155, which is in the top 61% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $20,214, which is in the top 69% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,720 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $148,738 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $60,632 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.35%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 02150 has a very dense population density of 15,907.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 65.28%.