Senior Living in 02152 (Winthrop, MA)
- 02152 scores the same as the Winthrop, MA average of 65.
- 02152 scores significantly lower than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 02152 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 15 senior living facilities in the area, including Don Orione Nursing Home, Kindred Nursing And Rehabilitation-Harborlights, and Eastpointe Rehabilitation & Skilled Care Center.
- There are 5 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 2 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 9 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (31% of the total population).
- There are 48 golf courses nearby, including Winthrop Golf Club, Kelley Greens Golf Course, and Presidents Golf Course.
- There are no parks nearby.
- There are 3 churches nearby, including Holy Rosary Catholic Church, St John the Evangelist Church, and First United Methodist Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.51% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.78% of total property value, which is low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $84,036, which is in the top 16% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $61,744, which is in the top 24% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $36,624, which is in the top 12% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,720 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $148,738 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $60,632 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.67%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 02152 has a very dense population density of 8,872.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 91.90%.