Senior Living in 02169 (Quincy, MA)
- 02169 has a SeniorScore® of 70, which is the 2nd highest of any zip code in Quincy, MA.
- 02169 scores lower than the Quincy, MA average of 72.
- 02169 scores lower than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 02169 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 5 hospitals nearby, including Quincy Medical Center, Healthsouth Braintree Rehab, and Massachusetts Respiratory Hosp.
- There are 61 senior living facilities in the area, including Bauer House, Hancock Park Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, and John Adams Healthcare Center.
- There are 15 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 9 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 127 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (27% of the total population).
- There are 67 golf courses nearby, including Granite Links Golf Club, Furnace Brook Golf Club, and Braintree Municipal Golf Course.
- There is 1 park nearby (Blue Hills Reservation)..
- There are 40 churches nearby, including Faith Lutheran Church, Christ Church Episcopal, and United First Parish Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.18% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.02% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $70,529, which is in the top 28% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $58,049, which is in the top 28% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $32,787, which is in the top 17% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,720 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $148,738 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $60,632 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.79%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 02169 has a dense population density of 6,137.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 88.07%.